[MPlayer-dev-eng] libvo driver for S3 Virge

Mark Sanderson mmp at kiora.ath.cx
Tue Apr 4 19:50:17 CEST 2006

On 2006.04.05 at 04:50:14 +1200, Mark Sanderson wrote next:

> I have put together a driver for S3 Virge cards based off the tdfxfb
> driver for 3dfx cards by Mark Zealey.  It's a hardware driver that has
> YUV conversion and scaling, double buffering and direct rendering.
The
> code comes from my custom TV program (modified quite a bit), and
before
> that mostly xfree86.
> I'm distributing it as is of course, meaning it may only work on my
> system (s3 virge/gx 4mb, in vesa 1024x768/32bit framebuffer mode).
But
> let me know if it's useful or if I can improve it.

Wow! Does it work with s3 virge/dx? It's too slow for using software
scaling (it can't throughput hi-res rgb image @30 fps), and can do some
kind of scaling in hardware (quickview pro for DOS can make a use of
it), not sure about yuv conversion.
I think DX/GX are similar (can't really remember) so you should try it
out. My card (GX2) seems quite capable, although I put this together
largely because my CPU is too slow for software scaling...

--

Vladimir