[MPlayer-dev-eng] libvo driver for S3 Virge

Mark Sanderson mmp at kiora.ath.cx
Tue Apr 4 18:50:14 CEST 2006

Hi,
I have put together a driver for S3 Virge cards based off the tdfxfb
driver for 3dfx cards by Mark Zealey.  It's a hardware driver that has
YUV conversion and scaling, double buffering and direct rendering.  The
code comes from my custom TV program (modified quite a bit), and before
that mostly xfree86.
I'm distributing it as is of course, meaning it may only work on my
system (s3 virge/gx 4mb, in vesa 1024x768/32bit framebuffer mode).  But
let me know if it's useful or if I can improve it.
Here's the patch against the MPlayer-1.0pre7try2 source.
configure -enable-s3fb
mplayer -vo s3fb -vf yuy2

Mark.