[MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG]: few pixel line across bottom of video while using -vo macosx and -fs

Ergzay ergzay at everyoneproductions.com
Thu Oct 13 05:13:27 CEST 2005

On 2005/10/12, at 19:03, Nicolas Plourde wrote:
> On 12-Oct-05, at 12:02 AM, Ergzay wrote:
>
>> Firstly, I am reporting this in here because I posted in users and
>> got no reply.
>> In the cvs if you use both -vo macosx and -fs there is a couple pixel
>> line across the bottom of the screen. This line displays whatever
>> happens to be behind mplayer whether that be the desktop or windows
>> or whatever. If you press f to go out of full screen and then again
>> to go back to full screen, the line disappears. Also if you start
>> without -fs and go to full screen with f manually it works fine.
>> There is no error given. This happens with EVERY file that I've ever
>> tried.
>>

> I cant re-produce the problem on tiger with my ibook g4.

In that case this is a 10.3 problem. I will be updating to 10.4 sooner
or later but I would think that mplayer should be backward compatible
with older systems. If you would like me to give you a screenshot of
the effect then please tell me.
I did some more tests using -input to see what would happen if I fed
vo_fullscreen or key_down_event 102 (f) to mplayer. Both do the exact
same thing which is have the few pixel bar at the bottom and _also_ the
window bar (the bar with the minimize buttons and such) at the top of
the screen, effect is removed by pressing f and f again to out and back
into full screen (same as other bug).
The problem should be fixed (I think) by just finding out what the the
difference that mpalyer and/or core video takes between f and -fs.

Ergzay