[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [MPlayer-users] ssa reader for mplayer using vf_overlay

Robert Henney robh at rut.org
Sat Oct 1 04:57:51 CEST 2005

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 09:34:58PM -0400, Robert Henney wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 09:57:24AM -0400, Jason Tackaberry wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 00:21 -0400, Robert Henney wrote:
>
> > Or maybe the bug is in your application, I don't know. :)  If you can
> > tell me how to reproduce it, I can certainly fix it.
>
> I've written a minimal example program.  the needed files for it are
> here:
> 	http://rut.org/mpssa/osdtest/
>
> it almost looks like a parser bug.  when the lock first gets set to
> 0x20, the overlay acknowledges all of the issued invalidates, but each
> time the lock gets set to 0x20 after that only one of the issued
> invalidates is acknowledged.

replying to myself. <g>

it wasn't a parser bug, but a linked list bug.  these bite me all the
time in my own stuff too. :)

I found the bug in vf_overlay.c.  at the end of invalidate_rect(),
the line

	priv->invalid_rects = r->next;

should become

	priv->invalid_rects = r;

otherwise the list just keeps becoming the first rectangle that was put
on the list.

--
robh