[MPlayer-dev-eng] [SURVEY] change mencoder's default ofilename extension?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Nov 29 20:38:42 CET 2005

Hi,
On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 09:02:06PM +0200, Oded Shimon wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 07:51:41PM +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 08:23:34PM +0200, Oded Shimon wrote:
> > > file.avi.mpg => "mpg"
> > > file         => "file"
> >
> > Sorry, but I really think this is wrong. "file" has no extension, so why
> > consider "file" the extension??
>
> Well, what if some asshat does "-o avi". :) Should I give the warning then?

IMHO no, I don't consider this an extension, and I'm quite sure none of
the file managers will (I know for windows, linux luckily is useable
without one *g*)

> Speaking of standards, is "strcasecmp" standard/ok to use?... (see other
> mail)

We're using it already all over the place, so yes. It breaks with setlocale,
but we don't care (which reminds me, at least gtk2 seems to work fine without
setlocale, you just have to have the strings in utf8. Maybe we can do something
about that? Because gmplayer crashing with binary codecs for all turkish users sure
is suboptimal).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger