[MPlayer-dev-eng] [SURVEY] change mencoder's default ofilename extension?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Nov 30 05:00:53 CET 2005

Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> Hi, On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 09:02:06PM +0200, Oded Shimon wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 07:51:41PM +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:

>>> Sorry, but I really think this is wrong. "file" has no extension,
>>> so why consider "file" the extension??
>>
>> Well, what if some asshat does "-o avi". :) Should I give the
>> warning then?
>
> IMHO no, I don't consider this an extension, and I'm quite sure none
> of the file managers will (I know for windows, linux luckily is
> useable without one *g*)

I agree on all counts - I didn't think this through thoroughly (ha!
alliteration!) before sending my last post. I'd consider it annoying, if
not necessarily a bug, to get that error message for having specified a
filename with no extension at all (which is going to be rather more
common, for me, than specifying a filename with an extension which does
not match the container format).

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.