[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [MPlayer-DOCS] Re: letter to distro mplayer packagers?

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Sun Nov 27 21:45:49 CET 2005

> MPlayer with alsa and dmix is broken for me. Maybe it works with alsa-cvs,
> or some newer version, though.

To elaborate, for a distribution it's probably okay to reorder to use alsa first,
if you know you ship a nonbroken alsalib. From reading LKML, I get the
impression that the alsa people have been working hard to try get alsalib
and especially dmix into better shape. The ratio of broken alsa installs
might be on a rapid decline, too...