[MPlayer-dev-eng] Slackware package (tgz, like deb/rpm) support

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 09:40:23 CET 2005

2005/11/12, Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal.cx>:
> On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 09:36:06PM -0200, Herbert Alexander Faleiros wrote:
> > > * don't disable mga/xmga
> >
> > I disabled it because Slackware appears to not use it.
>
> No dist includes it because it' spart of mplayer. You have to install
> it manually if you want it. But users may want it, and it does no harm
> (no added dependencies, tiny code size) to include it.

I am for keeping mga removed.
That's because mga driver is not part of the kernel, so mplayer
package should install it (even compile it for the given kernel) or
let the user do it (it that case the user is already skilled enough to
compile mplayer on him own).

Giving that the number of lusers that have matrox card (~ ->0), it
just doesn't worth the trouble.

p.s.
I will took a look of the script later.