[MPlayer-dev-eng] patch to improve the smb://url feature

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at tiscali.it
Fri May 13 22:45:04 CEST 2005

Matthieu Tourne wrote:

>The reading over samba shares was possible without mounting, but it
>was impossible to seek in AVIs.
>the original code didn't use the function pointer in struct stream_st (stream.h)
>to seek  and to fill the buffer (fill_buffer), and the filling of the
>buffer was ensured by an ugly switch case instead of using this
>systematic mechanism.
>
>Like it was, all the opening methods of smb://url are in open_stream()
>(open.c) so I declared my two functions (smb_seek and smb_fill_buffer)
> in open.c too. But a new file, like stream_smb.c would simplify the
>code.

Putting smb specific code in open.c (that is already one of the worst
files in mplayer)
is not acceptable IMHO.
I agree with the rest of your points:  the smb code was badly placed
and  it should go in
a file of it's own (stream_smb.c) following the new stream api.

Will you provide the proper patch? :)
    Nico