[MPlayer-dev-eng] patch to improve the smb://url feature

Matthieu Tourne matthieu.tourne at gmail.com
Fri May 13 19:40:15 CEST 2005

The reading over samba shares was possible without mounting, but it
was impossible to seek in AVIs.
the original code didn't use the function pointer in struct stream_st (stream.h)
to seek  and to fill the buffer (fill_buffer), and the filling of the
buffer was ensured by an ugly switch case instead of using this
systematic mechanism.

Like it was, all the opening methods of smb://url are in open_stream()
(open.c) so I declared my two functions (smb_seek and smb_fill_buffer)
 in open.c too. But a new file, like stream_smb.c would simplify the
code.

There is still a lot (too much) output due to the libsmbclient I
think. So I advise you to launch "mplayer
smb://netbios_name/share_name/media_file > /dev/null"

Tell me if my patch is added to the cvs, thanks.
Regards.

Ps : the patch was done with the cvs daily snapshot of 2005/05/13.
--
RedIsDead
Matthieu Tourne