[MPlayer-dev-eng] OSX 10.4 - dcbzl instruction is only for 64-bit implementations error

Nicolas Plourde nicolas.plourde at sympatico.ca
Mon May 9 05:15:18 CEST 2005

On 8-May-05, at 11:05 PM, Steven M. Schultz wrote:

>     Ummm, the patch was submitted so that I _could_ use gcc 4.0.
> There
>     seems to be a problem mixing compiler versions - if I have
> libmp3lame
>     compiled with gcc4 and then try to use gcc3 to build MPlayer I get
>     this:
>
> ld: Undefined symbols:
> _fprintf$LDBLStub
> _snprintf$LDBLStub
> _sprintf$LDBLStub
> _sscanf$LDBLStub

yeah i ran into that also, gcc 3 dont like lib liked with gcc 4

>     Is there a huge problem with allowing the use of gcc4 with
> MPlayer? I
>     suppose it could be ifdef'd on 'darwin 8.0' or something.
> There are
>     some systems now where gcc4 is the default compiler used by the
> system,
>     it doesn't seem "friendly" to prohibit its use.

Im for using gcc 4 because i know mplayer work well with it on osx
(its what I use since atleast 2 months)
but until every one agree to it, we cant move.

submit the patch for dcbzl and another one for gcc4 and see what
other dev will think about it.

ciao

====
Nicolas Plourde <nicolas.plourde at sympatico.ca>