[MPlayer-dev-eng] OSX 10.4 - dcbzl instruction is only for 64-bit implementations error

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Mon May 9 05:05:07 CEST 2005

On Sun, 8 May 2005, Nicolas Plourde wrote:

> You are right, your solution make much more sense, sorry about my
> comment.

	Thank you.  No apology necessary.

> remove the part to enable gcc 4.0 and this should be ok.

	Ummm, the patch was submitted so that I _could_ use gcc 4.0.  There
	seems to be a problem mixing compiler versions - if I have libmp3lame
	compiled with gcc4 and then try to use gcc3 to build MPlayer I get
	this:

ld: Undefined symbols:
_fprintf$LDBLStub
_snprintf$LDBLStub
_sprintf$LDBLStub
_sscanf$LDBLStub

	I really don't want to go back and rebuild the world with gcc3 when 4.0
	is the default compiler that works well for everything else ( compiled
	the GIMP2 and all its dependencies from sources using gcc4 and it is
	working fine).

	Is there a huge problem with allowing the use of gcc4 with MPlayer? I
	suppose it could be ifdef'd on 'darwin 8.0' or something.   There are
	some systems now where gcc4 is the default compiler used by the system,
	it doesn't seem "friendly" to prohibit its use.

	Cheers,
	Steven Schultz