[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: New remove-logo filter

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Thu Mar 10 12:55:16 CET 2005

Torinthiel wrote:

>>+.B remove-logo=/path/to/logo_bitmap_file_name.pgm
>>+Suppresses a TV station logo using a PGM or PPM file to tell it
>

> I'd remove this 'it'. Or maybe change to 'filter'
>

>>+which pixels comprise the logo. The width and height must match
[snip]

"Use a PGM or PPM file to tell which pixels comprise the logo" is
grammatically incorrect. "the filter" would be a more appropriate
substitution. However, I think there's too much information in that one
sentence. How about:

"Suppresses TV station logos using a template. A PGM or PPM file must be
supplied to indicate which pixels comprise the logo. The width and
height ...." (and so on)

Starting each sentence on a new line seems a little strange, but if you
say so...