[MPlayer-dev-eng] compiling mga_vid.c for a 2.6 kernel

Guillaume POIRIER guillaume.poirier at etudiant.univ-rennes1.fr
Sat Mar 5 19:38:07 CET 2005

Hi,

rayst rayst a écrit :

>Hi there,
>
>having used mplayer & mga_vid for quite a time now, i
>have to say: Its great.
>
>Anyway, now and then i had to patch mga_vid.c to
>support new kernel versions. Here is my patch (i just
>cleaned up a bit and used your current HEAD), it
>supports up to 2.6.11, as your HEAD does not seem to
>have changed for a while on this.

Too bad... You made some unessessary efforts to port it as Attila
already addressed that issue: http://attila.kinali.ch/mga
<http://attila.kinali.ch/mga,> but I'm sure he'd be glad to get some
feadbacks about his code.
Also read: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.devel/24486

>Unfortunately, i am not a c-programmer and did not
>know the 2.6 equivalent for MOD_{INC,DEC}_USE_COUNT,
>but it seems to work without.

Yes, There's no need for those macros anymore as the kernel tracks the
usage counter itself. It's supposed to be more reliable that the manual
method, which, AFAIK, could lead to some nasty race conditions.

Regards,

Guillaume