[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] musepack decoder/demuxer license headers

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Jul 25 20:44:33 CEST 2005

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 01:21:17PM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> I'd like to add something like the following to demux_mpc.c and
> ad_mpc.c:
>  This code maybe be relicensed under the terms of the GNU LGPL when it
>  becomes part of the ffmpeg project (ffmpeg.sourceforge.net)

Nits: s/maybe/may/, s/ffmpeg/FFmpeg/, ffmpeg.org

> Reza agreed with this change and we two are currently the only ones
> holding the copyright on those files (unless I missed something, and
> maybe except the standard function headers).
> Do you think this would be okay? I want this since I'd really hate to
> make things more complicated for the ffmpeg people than necessary.
> Any comments welcome.

This is unnecessary IMO since

1) If you (or somebody else) adds it to FFmpeg it can be relicensed
since you have publically stated this now.
2) FFmpeg already contains GPL code, adding more should not be a
problem.

But if you feel this helps and you wish the code to be LGPL, go for it.

Diego