[MPlayer-dev-eng] 2005.07.11, Monday :: software patent directive rejected

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat Jul 23 02:37:31 CEST 2005

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 05:05:00AM -0400, Daniel Grossman wrote:
> Just wanted to say how happy I was to hear this news.  Having experience
> only with the United States political system, I assumed that MPlayer would
> soon be a memory.  I'm overjoyed to have been wrong in my assumption. :)
>
> --
> Dan Grossman
> BS, 1999, Computer Science & Mathematics, Yale University
> MS, 2002, Computer Science & Engineering, University of Washington
> Seattle, WA, USA
>
> P.S. Please consider adding a PayPal or other form of monetary donation
> link to your site; I would certainly contribute!

Historically monetary donations have been a sore subject, since
there's no fair way to evenly divide or allocate them to developers
and no one agrees on what to do with money. Instead why not browse the
donations page and donate some hardware or other needed items to one
of the developers? That way you can contribute directly to whatever
parts of MPlayer you most want to see enhanced.

Rich