[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: mpeg muxer & dvd pack scr

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Wed Jul 20 10:25:37 CEST 2005

Laurent Aimar wrote:

>>>Do you have a pointer to that statement?
>>>AFAICS it is only required, that SCR_N + 0.7 <= SCR_N+1 (0.1 for
>>>transport streams) and PTS_N + 0.7 <= PTS_N+1 .
>>>

>>you are completely right: there is no such statement in the specs.
>>Obviously I must have been dreaming it :(
>>

> Well, there is something like this:
>
>" For all Program Streams, the delay caused by system target decoder input
>buffering shall be less than or equal to one second except for still picture
>video data and ISO/IEC 14496 streams. The input buffering delay is the
>difference in time between a byte entering the input buffer and when it is
>decoded." (13818-1, 2.5.2.3 Buffering)
> As a frame begins to enter Bn at SRC and goes out at DTS you must have
>something like: SRC + 1.0s < DTS.
>
> Beside, you need to be sure that your buffer Bn never underflow or
>overflow and you do that by using right SRC values. (Have a look at the P-STD
>model).

Hi,
in your experience, do decoders fare better with bursty SCRs (e.g. when
you increment the
SCR in terms of the nominal muxrate and correct if with a higher amount
when needed)
or as mencoder does now (using the real muxrate) ?
How does vlc's muxers behave in this respect?

Thanks for your help,

    Nico

 Sponsor:
 Calzature moda sport. Da Oliviero.it le ultime novità autunno-inverno 2004/2005: Nike, Puma, Adidas....
*
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2846&d=20-7