[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: mpeg muxer & dvd pack scr

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Wed Jul 20 10:09:49 CEST 2005

On Tue, Jul 19, 2005, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> >>the pcr/scr  must follow one very important constraint:
> >>SCR + 0.7 seconds <= [PD]TS
> >Do you have a pointer to that statement?
> >AFAICS it is only required, that SCR_N + 0.7 <= SCR_N+1 (0.1 for
> >transport streams) and PTS_N + 0.7 <= PTS_N+1 .
> you are completely right: there is no such statement in the specs.
> Obviously I must have been dreaming it :(

 Well, there is something like this:

" For all Program Streams, the delay caused by system target decoder input
buffering shall be less than or equal to one second except for still picture
video data and ISO/IEC 14496 streams. The input buffering delay is the
difference in time between a byte entering the input buffer and when it is
decoded." (13818-1, 2.5.2.3 Buffering)
 As a frame begins to enter Bn at SRC and goes out at DTS you must have
something like: SRC + 1.0s < DTS.

 Beside, you need to be sure that your buffer Bn never underflow or
overflow and you do that by using right SRC values. (Have a look at the P-STD
model).

--
fenrir