[MPlayer-dev-eng] Having MPlayer and Mencoder in a single binary.

Bryan Wilkerson bryanwilkerson at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 6 19:44:27 CEST 2005

If the goal of having a single binary is to eliminate
the code duplication problem between mplayer.c and
mencoder.c, I think the better solution would be to
push the duplicated code into shared library that both
mplayer.c and mencoder.c would call into.

With this approach, mplayer.c and mencoder.c become
specific to the tasks of dealing with user arguments
and UI and make calls into the library.  You would
also still have two separate exes and not have to add
another layer of multiplexing in the argument parser.

-bryan