[MPlayer-dev-eng] Having MPlayer and Mencoder in a single binary.

Gaetan SEMET gsem01 at freescale.com
Wed Jul 6 15:43:46 CEST 2005

Danny wrote:

>    From a first test (on windows 98), it doesn't work.
>
>    The best solution is, in my opinion, to use an option and make a
> wrapper that add that option to the invocation of mplayer.
>
>    The user sees a little mencoder.exe that work.

Don't use .lnk file. They can't be compared to symlink.

I do think as weel the best solution is having an option in mplayer to
turn it into mencoder and a tiny mencoder that just
launches mencoder. It's safer and cleaner.
I don't like the argv[0] == "mplayer" option (it should work under
Windows 9x, but you will have to extract the filename
from the path.

Gaetan