[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch][rfc] screenshot

Arpi arpi at mplayerhq.hu
Mon Jul 4 04:19:59 CEST 2005

Hi,

> I needed a screenshot feature, to print frames from a video...
> so i implemented it. actually first i did RTFA, and found an
> ugly hack, refused on this list. i tried to do the right way,
> although i had no time to do whole clean implementation, with
> support for all colorspaces, filename as parameter etc...
> do it if you want, and commit if you want. here is it:

quick TODO:  (after re-reading my patch)

- check if libpng available (it depends on that)
- check if video available (disable MP_CMD_SCREENSHOT for audio-only)
- implement more colorspaces, at least RGB24 and RGB32/BGR32
- implement more formats, jpeg for example
- remove my debug messages (MSGL_INFO)
- add error handling for png write
- remove config(), unneeded
- let user to pass filename template as filter parameter
  (and send format-string / buffer overflow advisory to bugtraq:))
- fix gcc 3.x dependancy (c99-style in-the-wild variable declarations)
- mess up indent :)))
- send some cola...
etc

(don't expect me to fix these...)

A'rpi / MPlayer, Astral & ESP-team

--
Girls are like internet domain names, the ones I like are already taken.