[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch][rfc] screenshot

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Mon Jul 4 10:25:26 CEST 2005

Hi,

Arpi wrote:
> > I needed a screenshot feature, to print frames from a video...
> > so i implemented it. actually first i did RTFA, and found an
> > ugly hack, refused on this list. i tried to do the right way,
> > although i had no time to do whole clean implementation, with
> > support for all colorspaces, filename as parameter etc...
> > do it if you want, and commit if you want. here is it:
>
> quick TODO:  (after re-reading my patch)
>
> - check if libpng available (it depends on that)
> - check if video available (disable MP_CMD_SCREENSHOT for audio-only)
> - implement more colorspaces, at least RGB24 and RGB32/BGR32
> - implement more formats, jpeg for example

  This is needed, though it shouldn't be implemented in a
specific filter, but rather in subsystem for loading/saving
images. So other filters etc could benefit from it too.
  I have to implement such a thing next time anyway, don't
know about exact time (have to work again in a few weeks, so
delays are likely).
Maybe i can contibute it to mplayer.
Or someone beats me to it in the meanwhile...

  If someone wants to commit this now, i would say just use
one image output format.

[...]

  Alex (beastd)