[MPlayer-dev-eng] Some patches

Paul TT paultt at hackerjournal.it
Sun Jul 3 02:38:02 CEST 2005

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 14:16:26 +0300
Oded Shimon <ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 01:04:25PM +0200, Paul TT wrote:
> > On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 01:43:39 +0300
> > Cristian KLEIN <cristiklein at c7.campus.utcluj.ro> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi everybody,
> > >
> > > I made a few changes to MPlayer, and I though the whole comunity should
> > > take advantage of them.
> > >
> > > 1) When in PAUSE mode, any key gets MPlayer out of pause mode. My patch
> > > is pretty nesty, because it makes MPlayer play frame-by-frame, for each
> > > given command, however, it is less anoying then missing a part of the
> > > movie, because fullscreen has been disactivated.
> >
> > i don't understand.....
> > if you want to play it frame-by-frame use '.' key.... where's the need to change pause behaviour????? i prefer the way it works now, for instance... it lets you choose...
>
> He wants it so, when you're paused, and you click full screen for ex., it
> STAYS paused.
>
> "command" - unpauses
> "pausing command" - pauses
>
> he wants a
>
> "staying command" - stays in whatever state it was before.

iep, understood. my fault, i did't understand, sorry...
but cristian says "play frame-by-frame" and in the patch it seems not to play anything so my misunderstanding.

tried the patch, it seems to have a little problem, IMHO. could it be made to not change frame at all????
if you switch repeatedly sub visibility , for example, mplayer goes forward frame-by-frame, then resuming playing, it jumps a few second towards, which is very very worse than restart playing with any keypress.... it resizes win then restarts play, by now, or just it seems o do so

> > i don't understand this too very much...
> > do you mean expand=scale???
> > can you explain better?
>
> This is actually useful, but not in the way that he did it.. (hard coded)
> an 'expand' which, instead of expanding by resolution (expand=800:600), it
> expands by aspect (expand=4/3 ...)..
>
> Hey, maybe i'll make a better patch for this... hmm

mhh, thanx. in this way makes sense :)
good :)