[MPlayer-dev-eng] Intel C++ 8.0 Compiler patch.

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Thu Jan 13 11:20:45 CET 2005

Guillaume POIRIER writes:

> By the way, I've tried to install gcc-4.0 from debian experimental, but
> since it needed a lot of expererimental packages to run (that apparently
> were over-writing sid packages), I tried instead to compile gcc-4.0 from
> debian experimental sources, but since also it has many dependecies with
> new libs or languages I don't use (ada and g77) I gave up.
>
> The main goal of that experiement was just to benchmark MPlayer compiled
> with different versions of gcc (taking into account compile time, as a
> great deal of people here do care about that)
>
> Could anybody give me a good pointer about compiling gcc under debian? I
> think I heared there were some wrappers to that kind of task, just like
> "make-kpkg"...

http://mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/gcc-296.html

Just get the gcc-core tarball, that's C only, so enough for compiling
MPlayer.  A good moment to benchmark gcc would be when 4.0 is finally
released, which does not seem to be that far off.  I have some scripts
from Moritz Bunkus lying around from the last time I did gcc
benchmarks.  Just tell me if you want them.

Diego