[MPlayer-dev-eng] Intel C++ 8.0 Compiler patch.

Guillaume POIRIER guillaume.poirier at etudiant.univ-rennes1.fr
Thu Jan 13 11:03:09 CET 2005

Hi,
Diego Biurrun wrote:

> How many runs did you average to arrive at those numbers?  Your gcc
> version seems to be 3.3.4, it would be more interesting to compare it
> with 3.4.x or 4.0.  How long did icc take to compile MPlayer?

By the way, I've tried to install gcc-4.0 from debian experimental, but
since it needed a lot of expererimental packages to run (that apparently
were over-writing sid packages), I tried instead to compile gcc-4.0 from
debian experimental sources, but since also it has many dependecies with
new libs or languages I don't use (ada and g77) I gave up.

The main goal of that experiement was just to benchmark MPlayer compiled
with different versions of gcc (taking into account compile time, as a
great deal of people here do care about that)

Could anybody give me a good pointer about compiling gcc under debian? I
think I heared there were some wrappers to that kind of task, just like
"make-kpkg"...

Regards,
Guillaume