[MPlayer-dev-eng] New remove-logo filter

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Feb 24 02:06:04 CET 2005

Hi,
On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 12:54:55PM -0800, Trent Piepho wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > I really think you should simplify the code a lot. First of all I think
> > you should use raw grayscale instead of tga image, reading it in should
> > the need no more that around 6 lines.
>
> Since mplayer is probably already linked with libpng, wouldn't it be easy to
> support png images?

Depending on libpng for something that has nothing to do with png and
no real reason to need it is inacceptable MHO.
Also, at least if I look at the code in the delogo filter and compare it
with my code to read pgm (reading ppm would be 99% identical), I must
say it definitly is not easier, not even less code.
And size really isn't an argument, we're talking about ca. 3MB max (for
color images).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger