[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] libpostproc fix for negative strides

Jindrich Makovicka makovick at kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz
Wed Feb 23 20:37:24 CET 2005

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Wednesday 23 February 2005 16:20, Jindrich Makovicka wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>the attached patch fixes libpostproc crashes with negative strides (Bug
>>#191).
>>               if(width==dstStride)
>>+                   if (dstStride > 0)
>

> this looks suspicious

yes, my bad. there is one more occurence of this. should be obviously
ABS(dstStride).

> many of the memcpy special cases could also probably be avoided by writing a
> memcpy wraper which supports stride<0

ok.

> furthermore the case with src_stride<0 && dst_stride<0 is unneeded to be
> handled, both can just be flipped

yes, but with memcpy wrapper it probably isn't worth checking.

> and some '-vo md5' tests of all pp filters both in c and mmx would be nice too

tested the combinations

-vf pp=hb:vb:h1:v1:ha:va:dr:al:lb:li:ci:md:fd:l5:tn:fq
-vf pp=hb:vb:h1:v1:ha:va:dr:al:lb:li:ci:md:fd:l5:tn

for (vanilla|patched)-(c|mmx), with 100% identical outputs for each of
the filter sets. this was for 720x540 video, which means the special
cases for partial blocks were used.

Regards,
--
Jindrich Makovicka