[MPlayer-dev-eng] Any plan to add libavformat mencoder -of driver?

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Mon Feb 21 22:20:04 CET 2005

On Monday 21 February 2005 23:10, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> not orthogonal iirc because oded's changes have to move a good bit of
> code around. :(

Didn't I separate the patch that moves the code around?.. This has already
been commited by reynaldo.
Most of the changes in the patch that's left is wrapping a lot of existing
code around if's.

> > Well I'm personally hoping it'll be faster than that. :)
>
> me too. can you post a report of what's been tested, what problems
> might remain, etc.? i'm ok with committing it as long as it doesn't
> break any single-file functionality.

Well the things I tested were mostly direct stream copy AVI merging and
re-encodes of AVI-merging. I tried AVI file sources and MPEG file sources,
everything passed with flying colors. Haven't tested -of rawvideo and -of
mpeg1video ... mpeg1video segfaults for me usually anyway.

The only change made to single-file encoding is that -endpos is compared
against mux_v->timer instead of sh_video->timer. It matters in cases of
variable FPS and skipped/duplicate frames, instead of for ex. 50 seconds of
source will be encoded, then 50 seconds of output will be encoded, which
might be a little more or a little less than 50 seconds of source. Other than
that, there is no possible change to single file encoding.

- ods15