[MPlayer-dev-eng] Any plan to add libavformat mencoder -of driver?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sun Feb 20 01:40:47 CET 2005

Hi

On Saturday 19 February 2005 23:25, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >libavformat should generate timestamps if possible (no b frames and fixed
> >fps), for the other cases there really isnt any difference between
> >libavformat as muxer or a native muxer, either timestamps are available
> >somehow or they are not
> >
> >btw, how does the mpeg muxer deal with this?
> >
> >[...]
>
> here is the initial code I wrote, following output_example.c and
> ffmpeg.c as guides.
> It's quite bad and incomplete code, but it's beginning to work, at least
> mpeg formats.
>
> At the end of the process mencoder always crashes, but I didn't
> understand why, yet.
>
> Nut never works.
>
> Feel free to improve/rewrite the muxer :)
>

> Michael, is there any way to separate muxer and stream writer in lavf?
> Their binding requires ugly changes in mencoder.c that I'd like to avoid.

yes, u must implement a URLProtocol (see demux_lavf.c)
and then just add a "<name_of_protocol>://" prefix to the filename, lavf will
then call the write / open / close / seek functions of the URLProtocol which
in turn will call mplayers/libcs functions

[...]
--
Michael

"nothing is evil in the beginning. Even Sauron was not so." -- Elrond