[MPlayer-dev-eng] Any plan to add libavformat mencoder -of driver?

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at tiscali.it
Sat Feb 19 23:25:40 CET 2005

Michael Niedermayer wrote:

>libavformat should generate timestamps if possible (no b frames and fixed
>fps), for the other cases there really isnt any difference between
>libavformat as muxer or a native muxer, either timestamps are available
>somehow or they are not
>
>btw, how does the mpeg muxer deal with this?
>
>[...]

here is the initial code I wrote, following output_example.c and
ffmpeg.c as guides.
It's quite bad and incomplete code, but it's beginning to work, at least
mpeg formats.

At the end of the process mencoder always crashes, but I didn't
understand why, yet.

Nut never works.

Feel free to improve/rewrite the muxer :)

Michael, is there any way to separate muxer and stream writer in lavf?
Their binding requires ugly changes in mencoder.c that I'd like to avoid.

    Nico