[MPlayer-dev-eng] c++ version of mplayer.c

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Sat Feb 12 02:36:40 CET 2005

Zoltan Hidvegi wrote:
> gcc.  I guess the intel compiler has some assembly features, but I do
> not think that your planned gcc replacement is going to be the Intel
> compiler.
There are some fan of tcc (a C only compiler that is blazing fast but
not for ppc), since it's current limitation it isn't for me (yet), nor I
have time/skill to port it on ppc...

Please stop saying that C++ is easier to maintain since isn't language
related but developer related. C++ templates are interesting since you
offload some computation at compile time, but I'm afraid it couldn't
help so much in mplayer. In the end, please code nicely crafted C if you
want to contribute to mplayer and/or please make your media player
project in C++ to prove that mplayer isn't yet the best coded media player.

lu

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Developer		Gentoo/PPC Operational Manager
http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero