[MPlayer-dev-eng] 3 pass encoding syntax poll

Julián Nuñez julian at proteger.org.ar
Fri Feb 11 23:24:34 CET 2005

The Wanderer wrote:

> Diego Biurrun wrote:
>
>> Trent Piepho writes:
>

>>> Read in divx2pass.log and write out divx2pass.new, when encoding
>>> completes without error, move divx2pass.new over to divx2pass.log.
>>> No build up of files, and you don't lose all your work if the
>>> encoding aborts for some reason.  Shouldn't break any scripts.
>>

>> Sounds good to me.
>

> For the little it's worth, I concur; this is the most sane suggestion
> I've seen made yet in this matter.

IMHUO (In my humble user opinion (tm)) this is the best approach.
Maybe before overwritting the old divx2pass.log it could copy it to
divx2pass.old for the case of the corrupted new log, but I don't know.

The vpass options can be named:
vpass=first or 1   :   Start encoding.
vpass=next   :   Next pass.

It is impossible to not understand that.
Anyway, just suggestions.
Regards.

--

The danger lies not in the machine itself but in the user's failure to envision
the full consequences of the instructions he gives to it."

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the
homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of
totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?
    Mahatma Gandhi (1869 - 1948), "Non-Violence in Peace and War"