[MPlayer-dev-eng] 3 pass encoding syntax poll

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Feb 11 22:17:30 CET 2005

Diego Biurrun wrote:

> Trent Piepho writes:

>> Read in divx2pass.log and write out divx2pass.new, when encoding
>> completes without error, move divx2pass.new over to divx2pass.log.
>> No build up of files, and you don't lose all your work if the
>> encoding aborts for some reason.  Shouldn't break any scripts.
>
> Sounds good to me.

For the little it's worth, I concur; this is the most sane suggestion
I've seen made yet in this matter.

The only potential problem with it that I see is that I think I've seen
some people say that they like to run X number of passes and then just
use a non-final result, because the further passes aren't improving
things much; by trashing the previous pass log files, this might cause
problems for that approach. I think there are ways to work around that,
though, and it might be worth it on the whole.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.