[MPlayer-dev-eng] poll idea (and the results will be useful for packagers)

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Tue Dec 13 23:29:03 CET 2005

Here's an idea: let's make a poll where users can mark compile-time
selectable MPlayer features that they use, i.e. VOs, AOs and additional
features like Theora, DTS, menu, LIVE555 etc.

Rationale: after some discussion with different package maintainers
it seems most of them enable everything they can. While I disagree
with this, I find the feature set we've agreed on a bit limited.
For example, I compile MPlayer with DTS and LIVE555 for myself, which
I guess makes me a bit of a hypocrite. ;)

So the point of the poll would be to see what should be enabled by
default in the official binary packages.

Obviously the poll would need to be web-based for greater accessibility.

Comments?

Regards,
R.