[MPlayer-dev-eng] New Features

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Sat Aug 27 12:30:49 CEST 2005

Hi,

Attila Kinali wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:14:42 +0200
> <oliver.henning at nextiraone.de> wrote:
[...
> > -fit   <width>:<height>  rescale the image to fit into the given width
> > and height, preserving aspect ratio (just like manually resizing the
> > MPlayer window with the mouse)
>
> That's not easily possible with the current libvo interface.
> Beside, AFAIK it is not even possible to reconfigure some
> modules because of the limitations of the underlying system.
>
> > -move <left>:<top>  move MPlayer window
>
> Same here.
>
> > Command line options
> > ---------------------------------
> >
> > -no_window_decoration
>
> Tell your WM, it's not the job of MPlayer to tell
> the WM what it should do.
>
> > -fit   <width>:<height>  rescale the image to fit into the given width
> > and height, preserving aspect ratio (just like manually resizing the
> > MPlayer window with the mouse)
>
> Hmm... isn't that already possible with a compination of
> some options ? Or did i patch it out already?
> I remember that i used something similar once.

  All of these are somehow problematic for X11 vo modules.
One can implement some things and they should mostly work
but there is no standard to guarantee it when using X11 in
conjunction with a window manager.

  Also the resizing and moving one should already work most
of the time with -geometry and -vf dsize i think.

  Alex (beastd)