[MPlayer-dev-eng] An audio filter for MPlayer to use Winamp DSP plugins

Gamester17 gamester17 at xboxmediacenter.com
Wed Aug 24 08:56:32 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 11:35, Stanley wrote:
> I've written an audio filter for MPlayer to use Winamp DSP plugins
> (multiple DSP plugins can be stacked). Currently it only works on Win32.
> Download it here:
> http//base.3322.org/dev/mp-wadsp.zip
> ftp://base.3322.org/dev/mp-wadsp.zip

Not sure if relative here but just thought I remind you guys of the "Winamp
input plugin support" patch Jörg Walter <jwalt at garni.ch> submitted about
a year ago, it was a audio decoder plugin for MPlayer (for Linux) which
loads winamp input plugins (working similar to the the xmms-winamp plugin),
maybe you can/will learn from it to help improve on your plugin function if
going to try to add it to MPlayer's existing Win32 loader (which sounds like
a good idea):

http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2004-October/030442.html

Download mirror of that zip file (since site linked seems to be down):
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/download.php?group_id=87054&atid=581841&file_
id=105543&aid=1049301

PS! I'm not a programmer myself but another code resource you might want to
look at in regards to MPlayer's Win32 loader is the 'DLLLoader' that the
XBMC-project is using, XBMC-programmers have based their DLL loader on
MPlayer's Win32 loader and extended it to be able load more that just the
audio/video DLL codecs that MPlayer for Linux can load, so maybe there is
something worth learning there too(?). XBMC-developers ported MPlayer's
Win32 loader to the Xbox which basicaly runs Win32 code but there is no
operating-system on the Xbox so it is kind-of OS-independent anyway and I
think should thus be not too hard to port their extentions back to Linux:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc/
http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=87054
Once you downloaded it you can find the modified DLLLoader in folders:
"\XBMC\xbmc\cores\DllLoader\"
"\XBMC\xbmc\cores\DllLoader\Debug\"
"\XBMC\xbmc\cores\DllLoader\Release\"
"\XBMC\xbmc\cores\DllLoader\exports\"

Best regards / Gamester17 (just a humble MPlyer end-user)

PGP Public Key at http://ich.bin.kein.hoschi.de/~trouble/public_key.asc
PGP Key fingerprint = D34F 57C4 99D8 8F16 E16E  7779 CDDC 41A4 4C48 6F94