[MPlayer-dev-eng] GTK2

Torinthiel torinthiel at megapolis.pl
Sun Aug 14 09:32:10 CEST 2005

On Sun, Aug 14, 2005 at 04:37:17AM +0300, Onur Kucuk wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>  Here is a patch to make MPlayer gui GTK2. Besides benefits of GTK2
> (Unicode) it should provide more stability while using the arts
> audio output with gui.

On my system (see below) ./configure works correctly.
./configure --enable-gtk2 however gives this in config.mak:
EXTRA_INC =  Package gtk+-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search
path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk+-2.0.pc'
No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
[...]
GTKLIB =  Package gtk+-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk+-2.0.pc'
No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
GLIBLIB =   -lglib-2.0

Which is not exactly what I consider to be correct behaviour ;)
At least some error checking on pkg-config should be done IMHO, but
whether to fail/fallback to GTK1 if failed remains an open question.

System (partial spec):
gtk+-1.2.10-7
gtk+-devel-1.2.10-7
gtk+2-2.0.9-1
gtk+2-devel-2.0.9-1
pkgconfig-0.15.0-4

Probably my distro failed to include pkgconfig files in gtk+2, but
still, if one doesn't have the package and tries to compile than...
Torinthiel

--
 Waclaw "Torinthiel" Schiller       GG#: 542916, 3073512
   torinthiel(at)megapolis(dot)pl