[MPlayer-dev-eng] XviD 1.1.x support

Guillaume POIRIER guillaume.poirier at ifsic.univ-rennes1.fr
Thu Sep 30 21:09:18 CEST 2004

Le jeu 30/09/2004 à 01:38, The Wanderer a écrit :

> I'm probably even less familiar with the peer-review arrangement in
> general than you are, except by virtue of having lurked hereabouts
> longer, but as far as I've been able to tel the standard here is for
> cosmetic changes to be committed *after* the real code rather than
> before. (If the cosmetic changes get accepted at all, which 99% of the
> time they don't.)

Thanks for your advise. Now I know I'm doing something unusual here.
... but when cosmetics change make the code easier to understand, I do
think they should be done (I'm no talking about indentation, even though
it also sometimes helps readability.

So one way or the other, cosmetics change should be, IMHO, done, and I'm
offering them right now.

Please, people, tell me if I'm awfully wrong here, but try to convince
me with good arguments (one that I'm open to hear could be: "you're not
the maintainer of that code, so get outta here!" -> unfortunately, I
don't see anyone being the official maintainer of XviD in
DOCS/tech/MAINTAINERS, so I guess that's one thing that should be
written somewhere).

Regards,
Guillaume