[MPlayer-dev-eng] Submitting new video filter: logo

Julien Laurent djeyl at djeyl.net
Sat Sep 25 12:55:01 CEST 2004

Hi folks,

I've coded the filter you'll find as an attachment to this message.

It adds an image to the video stream, either from a PNG file using
libpng, or from any image file supported by ImageMagick if USE_MAGICK is
defined at compile time. In both cases, it supports transparency (which
is much better to add fancy logos, isn't it?).

I don't know if it would be worth adding it to the default MPlayer
filters (a 'configure' check for ImageMagick should be added then).
I presume many improvements (bugfixes?) could be done on this filter,
but as a perfect beginner I'll let you tell me which they are. :)

Best regards,

--
Julien 'dJeyL' Laurent