[MPlayer-dev-eng] [beth.blankenship at viametrix.com: RE: UseofMplayer with Vivian video distribution]

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Tue Sep 21 12:05:17 CEST 2004

Beth Blankenship writes:
> Because shipping expenses are so high, my main concern right now is figuring
> out how to get money to the developers in the most efficient manner.  That
> way they can purchase what they need locally.

Here in Europe bank transfers are the preferred way of sending money
(within the European Union they cost the same as a national bank
transfer, this mostly means zero cost).  From the US it appears to be
a tad more difficult and I have no idea what the cost overhead might
be.  If you cannot do it by bank transfer, you might send a cheque.
Cashing in a cheque has some cost overhead as well, though.

Citibank offers free bank transfers from any Citibank branch to any
other, worldwide.  It's probably everywhere, but I have no idea
whether you or the developers you wish to donate to have Citibank
accounts.

> Can I get a list of the developers and what city and country they
> are in?  That way, hopefully I can identify a common banking/ATM
> relationship to use.

Alex Beregszaszi, Szeged, Hungary
Michael Niedermayer, Vienna, Austria

Diego