[MPlayer-dev-eng] Can mplayer output MPEG2 422/444 YUV data?

Jason Geng jason.geng at hhcn.com
Tue Sep 21 12:00:30 CEST 2004

I think this list is more appropriate. I know mplayer's usage, but this question is more related to source code implementation. I have checked the query_format function of vo_xxx.c and found few of them accept YUV422(Y422 in FOURCC) format. Also I greped 422 and 444 in libmpeg2 directory and found few clues(Now I have found CVS version has some update about this).

If mplayer really support mpeg2 YUV 422/444, it should use full color data in vd and vo stage. Now it seems at least most(if not all) vo_xxx does not support it. And for vd, I am now doing the test.