[MPlayer-dev-eng] Where to free loose memory?

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Tue Sep 21 06:33:18 CEST 2004

On Monday 20 September 2004 16:47, Attila Kinali wrote:

> About the memleaks, I know there is (or at least was one about a year
> ago) which i encountered when i was listening to mp3s on my laptop while
> learning for the exams. After 7 or 8 hours, mplayer usualy crashed with
> an out of memory. It somewhat seemed that either the mp3 demuxer or the
> playtree forgot to free memory on every new file. Dunno whether this has
> been fixed or not, also dunno whether it can be still reproduced.

Hm. I've been using mplayer as my main mp3 player for a few weeks now,
as other mp3 players have regressed into an almost unusable state, sadly.
Haven't noticed any increasing memory usage or odd behaviour (other than
bugs I can safely blame on alsa-lib, grrr!). Been only running it for 6 - 12
hours at a time though.