[MPlayer-dev-eng] NUT/menus proposal

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Sep 15 08:31:09 CEST 2004

On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 12:42:47PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> iam not against placing menus outside nut, what iam against is the last change
> to info packets

ok, that clarifies it a bit... but, if not for storing menus and such
in nut, can you explain to me what your requirements for info packets
are? i think this whole misunderstanding arose from us not
understanding what you want to accomplish with info packets.

i'd be willing to add more flexibility back to info packets, but i
still think we should make metadata separate (and store it in the
stream headers) since it plays a very very different from generic
info. and i'm against making info packets more flexible unless there
seem to be good reasons for it, since they invite abuse...

rich