[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer in a B&O product (License)

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Fri Oct 1 21:04:33 CEST 2004

Martin Jensen writes:

> Many thanks for your fast reply!

You are welcome.

> GNU GPL should not be a problem for us. The reason for me asking is that I
> read some place that not all of MPlayer is GNU GPL and you confirmed that.

Just so there is no misunderstanding: MPlayer as a whole is covered by
the GNU GPL.  Some parts are covered by GPL-compatible licenses that
allow relicensing under the GNU GPL, but when you compile it all into a
program, it is covered only by the GNU GPL.

> Its just that I these days one have to be careful about licences.

Yes, this is true.  Thanks for having the right attitude towards
licensing questions.

> If I have any more questions about MPlayer can I send them to you? That
> would be greatly appreciated!

Yes, just fire them off, I'll be glad to answer.

Regards

Diego Biurrun