[MPlayer-dev-eng] Release... How about it?

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sun Nov 21 13:37:51 CET 2004

RC writes:
> On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 18:00:53 +0100 (CET)
> Arpi <arpi at mplayerhq.hu> wrote:
>
> > how come libmpeg2 to the win32 dll support question?
>
> Wow.  I have no idea what that sentence is supposed to mean.

I imagine Arpi to be wondering how the libmpeg2 topic came up in the
Win32 DLL thread.

> > anyway, if you have a bug with libmpeg2, why dont you report it?
>
> I've reported a couple, other users have reported more.  I've been
> sending quite a few bug reports that just get completely ignored, so I
> only report real show-stoppers that I can't figure out how to work
> around.
>
> Telling people to send bugreports, which mostly get ignored, is an easy
> cop-out.
>
> I didn't intend for this thread to get crazy.  If the devs want to make
> a release, don't let me hold everything up...  Just offering my advice.

I've said so before in this thread and I'll repeat now: Provide
samples that fail with the new version of libmpeg2.  If there are
outstanding bug reports, please provide some URLs.  I spent some time
yesterday verifying bug reports about libmpeg2 and all the problem I
stumbled upon were either fixed or present in both versions and thus
no regressions.

I'll come up with some benchmarks of both libmpeg2 versions hopefully
later today.  Preliminary tests indicate that the new version is
faster than the old one.

Diego