[MPlayer-dev-eng] Release... How about it?

Arpi arpi at mplayerhq.hu
Sat Nov 20 01:12:41 CET 2004

Hi,

> I think the default codec should have stability and bug-free-ness over
> speed.

i disagree.
at least in the past, we choose speed over compatibility/stability.
mplayer was famous for its speed. and it plays all the correct files,
and users who need/want to play broken/buggy/incompatible files, should
change the codec temporarly.

for the case of mpeg 4:2:2, the demuxer should detect that and
set different codec id for these files.

A'rpi / MPlayer, Astral & ESP-team

--
Girls are like internet domain names, the ones I like are already taken.