[MPlayer-dev-eng] Release... How about it?

Chris Roccati roccati at pobox.com
Thu Nov 18 23:59:45 CET 2004

On 18 Nov 2004, at 23:31, Nicolas Plourde wrote:
> MHO, MPlayer need a native gui on osx a.s.a.p., the appwarpper is a
> good step foward but without the gui and some

In my opinion it is already quite usable... With the various data files
migrated inside the appwrapper, It actually starts to look like a real
Mac application... I personally never use command line options: what's
in the my configuration file is ok for almost everything... For this,
one could write a "preferences" app with Cocoa in a few hours that
simply reads and writes ~/.mplayer/config.

> way to access the mplayer cmd line param. I think its useless.
> something like mplayerosx ( http://mplayerosx.sf.net

MPlayerOSX uses the remote mode...
I'd like to port the GTK gui to Carbon, but there's no real
documentation about how the mplayer gui interacts with the rest of the
code...

> ) would be great to have buit-in. Also a script to build the .app
> bundle, like the debian package, is needed. The

The script is trivial.

> mplayer icon/logo is available in the Gui/mplayer/pixmaps directory of
> the source code or on the web site (I think).

I'd still need icons for the filetypes. Or I could "steal" the icons
from the MPLayerOSX appwrapper.