[MPlayer-dev-eng] Release... How about it?

Nicolas Plourde nicolas.plourde at sympatico.ca
Thu Nov 18 23:31:02 CET 2004

Chris Roccati wrote:

> On 17 Nov 2004, at 17:50, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
>
>> I'd really like to have a release soon, there were so many bug fixed
>> that I think it would be quite worth it for any user that fears CVS.
>> And more importantly, so many features were added, we really need that
>> additional checking IMHO...
>

> For MacOSX users, a release with a proper appwrapper would be a big
> step forward.
> Too bad I think there's still too much to digest: there's the issue of
> the support files still in discussion, which prevents the appwrapper
> from being really a standalone application, and there's the need of
> proper icons (one for the application and atleast one for the
> supported filetypes) -- there's an official MPlayer icons set that can
> be converted?

IMHO, MPlayer need a native gui on osx a.s.a.p., the appwarpper is a
good step foward but without the gui and some way to access the mplayer
cmd line param. I think its useless. something like mplayerosx (
http://mplayerosx.sf.net ) would be great to have buit-in. Also a script
to build the .app bundle, like the debian package, is needed. The
mplayer icon/logo is available in the Gui/mplayer/pixmaps directory of
the source code or on the web site (I think).

--
====
Nicolas Plourde <nicolas.plourde at sympatico.ca>