[MPlayer-dev-eng] autoexpand patch

Guillaume POIRIER guillaume.poirier at etudiant.univ-rennes1.fr
Wed Nov 3 15:50:02 CET 2004

Hi,
Le mercredi 03 novembre 2004 à 10:25 +0100, jan gregor a écrit :

> I don't know, whether this was done before, so sorry if I'm off topic.
> I have just created autoexpand vf filter for mplayer.

It's on the wishlist! ;-) So I guess you're in the right place!

> It works same like -vf expand (in fact, they differ only in few lines of
> code where dimension counting is done), only it accepts aspect ratio,
> not width/height of expanded image. It means, when it is specified -vf
> autoexpand=16:9, then window is expanded to 16:9
> around image (filter dafaults to 4:3). Image is centered in expanded
> window (can't be changed).

I've worked on something similar, except that I was modifying -vf expand
so that without parameters it would detect aspect ratio of the screen
and the video and expand accordingly. It didn't work, but that was my
plan! ;-)

> Patch againts MPlayer v1.0pre5 can be downloaded here:
> http://rak.bb.euroweb.sk/~pamela/autoexpand.patch

Patches need to be diffed against current CVS, and as much as possible,
sent as attachement if they aren't too big.
Anyway, I'm interested, so I'm gonna give it a try. Whether your
approach is the good one is another story.

I don't have time to test right now, but why don't you go ahead and send
your patch against CVS so everyone can have it?

Regards,
Guillaume