[MPlayer-dev-eng] Ps2 offer to Alex Beregszaszi

Ravn Gundersen ravn at lestat.no
Tue May 25 09:38:59 CEST 2004

Hello,

Im working on a project for a firm. We need to play some kind of divx
from a linux based Ps2, mostly smaller files, without sound. I cannot
go into details at this point.
However, I have been able to get Mplayer running under linux on a ps2,
BUT the framerate is crappy. I´ve tried PS2Reality (native ps2 software
based on mplayer) and there the fps is more than good enough. I know
they use some modified code, but I haven´t been able to get it.

We see that Alex B. have a Playstation 2 on his wish list, so here are
our offer:
A new Playstation 2 with Linux kit (40 gb hd, keyboard, mouse, linux
dvd, crt adapter), in exchange for a playstation 2 optimized mplayer.
And I hope this can help other people as well.

We Look forward to your reply,
Best regards,
Mr. Ravn Gundersen
IG Solutions AS